Here you’ll find the recipe in English, for more pictures and blogpost click HERE.
Death by Chocolate Chili Cheesecake
The recipe makes two 5-6 inch (15cm) cheesecakes or one 8-10 inches (20-25cm).
300 grams (10.5 oz) chili nuts
75 grams (2.6 oz) butter
1/2 cup sugar
150 grams (5. 25 oz) chocolate
400 grams (14 oz) chocolate cream cheese (if you want to add regular cream cheese add 50-100 grams 1.7-3.5 oz of chocolate to the recipe)
3/4 cup sour cream
- Cover the sides and bottom of a springform with parchment paper.
- Put the chili nuts into the bowl of a processor.
- Add the melted butter and continue to mix until you have a sandy mixture.
- Put the nuts into a springform and press into the base and sides.
- Place in the fridge to chill while you are making the filling.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave or over boiling water. Let cool for a few minutes.
- Whisk the eggs and sugar until well combined.
- Add cream cheese, sour cream and the cooled chocolate and continue whisking.
- Poor the mixture on top of the chili nut dough.
- Bake at 350 F (175C) at the bottom of the oven for about 25-35 min. It is supposed to be like jello when finished. It will set in the fridge. Place the cheesecake into a baking dish and fill baking dish with hot water about 1 inch up on the side of the springform.
- When finished, let it cool for a while before you put it in the fridge for at least 6 hours and preferably over the night.
Recipe is enough for two cheesecakes á 5-6 inches
200 grams (7 oz) chocolate
1/2 cup double cream
1/8 cup smör
- Melt chocolate on low heat with the cream. Stir.
- Add the butter when chocolate is fully melted and take of the heat.
- Let it cool a bit before using it.
400 grams (14 oz) dulce de leche
1 1/4 cup whipped cream
How to assemble your cheesecake
- Take out your cheesecake from the fridge. Carefully remove the cheesecake from the pan.
- Pour or spread dulche de leche, chocolate ganache and whipped cream on the cheesecake – One at the time, and smooth with a spatula.
- Throw a handful of chili nuts on top of the cheesecake as decoration.
- Eat & Enjoy! ♥